Minutes of the Greenville County Republican Party Executive Committee Meeting
GCRP HQ, 2505 Wade Hampton Blvd, Greenville, SC
Monday, June 6, 2022
Call to Order: GCGOP Chairman Jeff Davis called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm
Invocation: Ray Sheen, (Clear Creek 1st Vice, Parliamentarian)
Pledge of Allegiance: Angie Fisher, Verdmont EC
Republican Creed: Al Brillant, Simpsonville 2 EC
Welcome Elected & Club Officials, New Visitors, Veterans/Families: Jeff Davis
Meeting Calendar: Next business meeting will be July 11, 2022 @ GCRP HQ
Credentials Report: Joe McLaughlin, Westside EC – 77 precincts were represented; there is a quorum.
Approval of Agenda: David Duerling, Maridel EC moved to accept; seconded. Voice vote – Ayes have it unanimously.
Approval of Minutes – Janice Neikirk, Secretary: Requested a Motion to Approve Minutes of May 2, 2022 as presented in email to all ECs and GCRP members. No changes were required. David Duerling moved, seconded; ayes have it.
Treasurer’s Report: Mary Wheeler, Treasurer: Bank balance is $7.560.39, income $521 (donations), expenses $1250, ending balance $7560.39. Motion to Accept the Treasurer’s Report made by David Duerling, seconded by Janice Neikirk, EC Castle Rock. The Ayes have it.
Chairman’s Report: Jeff Davis
- A membership fee is being considered to boost revenue in order to meet expenses through 2023 Re-Org
- Huge thank you to new 2nd Vice Chair Scott Meehan for outstanding new website!
- Review of HD 22 Caucus
- Harrison Musselwhite, Legislative Liaison informed us that DHEC plans to implement a vaxx passport in October 2022. We need to demand that the Corbin/Martin proviso be implemented in the budget – no funds to DHEC if the “passport” is implemented.
- Joe Farmer, Candidate Recruitment gave an update of the Pledge (Republican platform) and who has completed and returned it. 11% of state and county candidates have returned the Pledge.
BREAK OUT SESSIONS
- ReOrg 2023 Jeff Davis, Kevin Gent, Re-Org Committee
- Conflict Resolution Griffin Callahan, Dakota Fitzgerald, Committee
- Roberts Rules Mitch Dobrenen, Ray Sheen, Committee
- Straw Poll (Primary) Terri Wicker & Mary Wheeler
Old Business: None to be covered
New Business: None submitted
Motion to Adjourn made by Griffin Callahan 4th Vice Chair, seconded. The ayes have it unanimously.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:37 PM
*** 2000 Mules showing commenced ***